Olympus Camera sharper than Fuji?...

Started Jun 20, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GearHead88 Junior Member • Posts: 28
Olympus Camera sharper than Fuji?...

Hello all,

Just taking a look between Fuji Xpro2 images and Olympus E-M5II images on Flickr...it seems that the files from the Olympus are much sharper...

I had a chance to go into a local Best Buy and test out the E-M5II and the Fuji X-T1 and even messing around with them in the store, it seemed the Olympus was sharper...is this the IBIS or does Olympus automatically add sharpening to their photos? I t was especially apparent when I was trying out the 12-40mm f2.8 PRO lens...perhaps a lot of that was the lens when it comparing against the Fuji 18-55mm f2.8-4.0.

I've been in a very tough decision between these two cameras (well actually the PEN-F but the store didn't have one to test) and I've pretty much been stuck...I like the Fuji files on flickr but in my use, the Images are blurry compared to Olympus when zooming in to look at finer details on the cameras.

I like the Olympus lenses a bit more because I think they have better Zoom lenses that I'd eventually get. And if the camera produces sharper images with ease then that will definitely swing me in favor of getting the Olympus...lots of good stuff in those cameras! But I'm worried about high ISO, night time photos too....choices...anyways if anyone could maybe lend some insight on the sharpness aspect of everything, I'd appreciate it!

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow