Tell me about A mount UPDATE: now new A99 user

Started Jun 16, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
markintosh13
markintosh13 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,949
Tell me about A mount UPDATE: now new A99 user

In this thread http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4013016 I asked about A mount lenses.

So I ended up finding and purchasing (with the assistance of a cousin in a province 1,005 kilometres away) an A99 with 12m clicks and a Tamron 28-75 2.8 for what I think is a quite reasonable $1,200 Cdn. It arrived today - in near perfect condition, original packaging.

Thanks to another friend in a nearby city, I have a Minolta 50mm 1.7 and a Tokina 70-210 4-5.6 (sold as a bundle for $80) arriving on Saturday. Then through the magic of Ebay I have taken a bit of a risk and purchased a supposedly untested estate-sale Minolta 70-210 F4 Beercan for $49 (which looks immaculate in the photos).

So that should hold me over for a bit.

Somewhere down the road I'll probably want a couple more prime lenses - probably an 85mm and a 135 - and maybe something in the 300 or 400mm range. But that's for another day.

Thanks for all the great advice, and glad to be a new A Mount user.

Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow