Leica M or Fuji XPro-2?

Started Jun 14, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lisetta Contributing Member • Posts: 562
Leica M or Fuji XPro-2?

So, while I'm thinking about getting the X-e2, I happened upon a Leica on Amazon. Of course, while I can't afford it, its "reputation precedes it", so I got interested in reading some of the comments. Then I came to dpreview and looked at the photos and posts in the Leica forum.

Not trying to be negative--there are certainly plenty of nice photos over there. But the Leica I was looking at-- Leica M, 24MP (body alone)-- is $7000. Reading on the Leica forum, it seems people often deliberate between Leica M and the Fuji XPro-2 ($1700 body 24MP).

To me, a Fuji fan, it is hard to imagine that the Leica would be worth it, at least based on the photos I've seen. (Not sure what I was expecting, but something that would say "this was taken with a camera that cost $5000 more than the Fuji). Then again, maybe its related to design features as well and, of course, lenses. I have no idea.

So, what do you think, especially for those who've used both cameras? Is a lot of Leica's appeal just hype and resting on its film camera reputation (plus the reputations of the famous people who've used it--HCB etc?)

Or if you could afford it, would you feel you got your money's worth, that Leica M would be a great choice vis a vis the XPro-2?

Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow