My Experience with the K-1 in Yakushima (in heavy rain)

Started Jun 13, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Al wants a bagel New Member • Posts: 14
My Experience with the K-1 in Yakushima (in heavy rain)

Just as an aside, I just spent two days in torrential downpour with the K-1 in Yakushima. A couple of observations:

a) The water resistance is as good as any Nikon I have ever used. Both days in mostly torrential rain in the interior of the island, and it hung with a non-effective camera rain cover (Peak Design one, was not water resistant at all) on my Capture Pro clip attached to my backpack strap. I put the camera in a drybag every night with a moisture muncher inside. No issues whatsoever. Used with the 28-105 lens.

b) The battery life is superb. I mean, probably the best I've ever had on any DSLR.

c) The camera is heavy. Not the best piece to bring on a long hike.

d) I did clip a few branches and rock faces with the camera. No scratches at all. The paint on the chassis seemingly is quite tough.

e) The LCD screen is excellent to use in abysmal conditions. Can easily adjust the brightness using the outdoor settings, and I had no issues viewing it in the rain. And the colour accuracy of the rear LCD is amazingly good.

Al wants a bagel's gear list:Al wants a bagel's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Ricoh GR Fujifilm XQ2 Ricoh GR II Canon G3 X +29 more
Pentax FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow