300 Pro on a stroll

Started May 31, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wallybipster Senior Member • Posts: 1,616
300 Pro on a stroll

I took the 300mm F4 (and 1.4x TC) on a short evening walk, and was very impressed with the versatility and practicality moreso than ever before.  I carried it easily for a couple hours of walking around, and used it for small objects up close, and larger animals a little farther out.  The only issues I had were down to me not having the proper settings because I had just been shooting a different target previously, but even the sub-optimal shots are enough to make me happy, and when you can nail a picture, it's just amazing what you can get out of this lens.

The last shot is from later on in the weekend, where I was dropped off in a remote bay for a couple days of camping.  I love being able to take the new Pro lens camping, hiking, and even leave it strapped to my shoulder clip, without dragging me down much at all, even when hiking a few miles.

Wally

Semipalmated Plover

Willow Catkin at minimum focus

Bee at minimum focus, or darn close

Rock Ptarmigan

Male flashing his eyes

Female and Male

Pacific Wren, a teeny bird.

American Pipit

Female Rock Ptarmigan

Shedding Fox

Ground squirrel, thanks to manual focus clutch

Red-necked Phalarope

Wallybipster's gear list:Wallybipster's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +6 more
Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow