24-70 G 2.8 full size samples - superb lens.

Started May 28, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Imakefoto4U
Imakefoto4U Contributing Member • Posts: 511
24-70 G 2.8 full size samples - superb lens.

Finally some lenses have arrived in Australia. After using it for a couple of hours I am impressed. If I had the money I would buy another A7RII and keep the 24-70 permanently attached. Very expensive in Australia at A$3300 with no discount. Very sharp for hand held photos. Large, heavy lens but the results are worth the effort to haul it around. A bit heavy to carry around the neck all day! Will buy a wider neck strap.

This lens changes everything re the A7RII. If you have it you won't need any 24mm, 35, or 50, or 55 prime lenses. Sony needs an ultrawide zoom say 12-24. Add the 70-200 or 70-300 and you would have a superb kit. 90 macro is a keeper, too! Love that lens.

More photos after I go out today. Should be fun.

The lens focuses accurately and quickly. What more is there to want! Photos edited to my taste in Photoshop and Perfect Effects with some mild noise reduction if necessary via Topaz DeNoise.

Vince

24mm view from Mount Tamborine in Queensland

70 mm view from Mt Tamborine in Queensland

Signs on both sides made for a good test photo. Extremely bright sun on the day.

Houses on Highland Park hill in the shade. Lots of security cameras!

3 photo 70mm Panorama of the skyline at Surfers Paradise.

Imakefoto4U's gear list:Imakefoto4U's gear list
Sony a7R II
Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR Sony a7R Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
osv
osv
osv
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
osv
osv
osv
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
osv
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow