For those with E-1, E-300, E-330, E-500, E-510, E-520, E-3, and E-30's

Started Mar 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Darrell500
Darrell500 Senior Member • Posts: 2,099
Re: For those with E-1, E-300, E-330, E-500, E-510, E-520, E-3, and E-30's

Michael Meissner wrote:

Darrell500 wrote:

I'll second what you say about the Wasabi's. I just recently ordered two more for my em5 and two for the E5. Both sets came with a wall/auto charger for $25 and they are made in japan. My first experience with Wasabi was after buying a used E3 some years ago and I've been sold on them since.

I used to like Wasabi's for BLM-5 and BLS-5 battery cameras. When I got the E-M5 I of course bought Wasabi BLN-1 clone batteries. Both of those batteries have now expanded so it was getting problematical to fit them in the camera. I recycled the first one to expand earlier, and I just recycled the last Wasabi BLN-1 today. I've seen other posters complaing about Wasabi batteries expanding.

After the Wasabi's, I went to DTSE. However, in the posts about battery testing, the DTSE batteries seem to be just as problematical as the Wasabi's. Both of which seemed to hold only 50% of the charge of the Olympus cameras. I have switched to Watsons (from B&H), which were something like 80% capacity and 50% the cost. http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57098407

Now, whether it is something about the BLN battery that is causing problems, or recent quality from Wasabi has gone downhill, I dunno. Like Ben posted, the BLM/BLS Wasabi clones I own were purchased several years ago are still going strong.

Thank You Michael I did not know about the problems with the BLN-1 batteries, it's something I'll keep an eye on.

-- hide signature --

Darrell

Darrell500's gear list:Darrell500's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-P3 +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow