IDX MKII - Noise and Focus

Started May 23, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,045
IDX MKII - Noise and Focus

I've been shooting with 1DX's for quite a few years.

Recently got a 1DX MKII and I'm not able to extract any BETTER results than from my 1DX except for better color rendition.

I've found the noise levels at what should be usable settings from 500 - 1250 to be noisy  <ROFL> and the focus to "me" is sharper on my 1DX.

I've used 24-70, 35, 50, 85, 70-200 and 300 2.8 lenses or better all L lenses and my 1DX gives much better results in every area but AWB.

Has anyone else here who has many years experience with the 1DX had these same issues?  And if so, where or how did you find settings that allowed you to get better results.

Also,  I'm getting some clipping that I feel is excessive for proper exposure... or should I say what the camera feels is proper exposure.

Anyone who has overcome same. Please let me know.

I understand it's a new camera, perhaps there is still much I need to learn but the similarities to the 1DX lead me to believe I should have seen the benefit of the 1DX MKII vs. the advantages of the 1DX <ROFL>

Thank you

-- hide signature --

Feel Always Humble - "FAH" - You'll Learn More
http://www.KissMyKite.com

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM +22 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow