My Leica M9 is just a piece of crap

Started Sep 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Gregm61 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,664
Re: My Leica M9 is just a piece of crap

Denis Waugh 1 wrote:

So far I have used four M9 cameras, my original one and three loan cameras, and all have been faulty. My original M9 was returned to Germany for repairs but returned after 8 months with even more problems. After even more months of being messed around I ended up with a camera that never worked reliably. It was returned to Germany for further work (the UK technician recognising and agreeing that it was indeed faulty) but after another three months it was returned from Germany with the comment that no faults were found. It still does not work. I am presently on my third replacement loan camera, itself with similar faults, and with no sign of a resolution. My original M9 camera has now been with Leica for over a year and I am out of pocket, out of patience and fed up with the attitude and ineptitude of Leica. A quality product? I don't think so.

Planning to copy and paste this in all responses you make going forward, or just in other "M9 is crap" posts you can find?

10 years and 5 posts, two of which are today, are the same thing, and your listed "website" is currently for sale.

Interesting.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Leica M9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Leica M (Typ 262) Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow