Voigtlander 15mm E-mount EXIF/Sharpness

Started May 9, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeff Bondono Regular Member • Posts: 213
Voigtlander 15mm E-mount EXIF/Sharpness

I'm thinking of replacing my Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 with an "E-mount Voigtlander super wide heliar 15mm f/4.5 Aspherical III" lens for use with my A7II, to reduce the weight and size of this infrequently-used lens in my camera bag, to allow the possibility of a ND filter, and to gain the convenience of EXIF data.  I'm not bothered by the downgrade from f/2.8 to f/4.5 since I usually use my Rokinon at f/8, and will potentially keep the Rokinon for astrophotography.  But I have three questions:

Does the lens pass its name through into EXIF data?

Is the aperture passed through into EXIF data? (I intend to use it "clicked", in case that matters)

Can I expect a sharper image from the Voigtlander than the Rokinon? (my Rokinon is a bit soft at the edges, as am I)

Thanks,

Jeff

www.jeffbondono.com

Jeff Bondono's gear list:Jeff Bondono's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 II Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +1 more
Sony Alpha a7 Venus Laowa 15mm F4 1:1 Macro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow