A6000 user looking for opinions on lenses for my application

Started May 8, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tws1098 New Member • Posts: 16
A6000 user looking for opinions on lenses for my application

hey everyone, new guy here so be nice

I recently switched from a Pentax k50 to my a6000. I currently have the kit lenses (16-50 and 55-210) plus a couple manual Pentax lenses 50/1.4 & 135/2.8. My wife bought me an external flash this past xmas that is nice for small indoor work.

I enjoy everything but the 16-50. Unless the light is perfect and I am stopped down it is terrible. I am not exaggerating here, I recently took indoor photos for a local business as a favor and ended up using the ones from my galaxy note 5 over the ones with the 16-50. It was sad. The poor color performance and softness of the lens has me ready to chuck it in the trash...now that I've ranted about that haha, can anyone suggest what they would purchase and why:

Budget: $800

I'm considering the 18-105 (wish it went a little wider though) or a combination of primes. I am open to a different zoom, but I've heard mixed reviews on the 16-70 and don't think there is really much else.

I'm comfortable with manual lenses but would like to go auto since we have a 2 month old that will be getting into all sorts of stuff soon and for that reason I'm leaning towards an auto/zoom lens. Sharpness is important to me, I can correct most other aspects of the picture and am willing to do so.  Due to sharpness and wanting some speed I'm leaning towards fast primes, but if the 18-105 or 16-70 rival the sharpness of most cheaper primes I'm cool going in that direction.  I'm not a pixel peeper, but with my 16-50 it's very obvious. I am not a pro by any means but I do take jobs for local golf courses and enjoy taking family pictures, landscapes, and some street shots on vacations and such.

Open to any and all questions and suggestions.

thanks!!!

Tyler

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-50 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow