Minolta 55mm f1.7 on XT10 - first impressions

Started May 4, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Photofix101 Regular Member • Posts: 287
Minolta 55mm f1.7 on XT10 - first impressions

After reading many review and reports about the charming characteristics of older lenses, I've finally decided to try adapted lenses on my XT10, and I'm happy to report that I'm addicted. The first lens I bought is a Minolta 55mm f1.7, bought from ebay in great condition with only tiny dust which is to be expected from an old lens. I bought a K&C lens adaptor also from ebay. Combined cost around AUS$100.

Once the lens and adaptor were clicked into place, I changed the settings on the Fuji XT10 to "shoot without lens" and set the focal length to 55mm. Also switch to manual and ensured focus peaking was set correctly.

Here are some first pictures which I was very happy with. I was surprised that the process of manually focussing was easier and more enjoyable than I'd imagined. Early on this lens/body combo looks like a keeper

Obligatory watch snap. From memory shot at f1.7 or f2 and this is a slightly edited JPEG file

Shot indoors around F4 with on camera flash - I really like the colours and the lens is certainly sharp - BTW this is a JPEG file slightly edited

Shot with only a led study light at f1.7 using Fuji film simulation B&W(Green) at higher ISO - again slightly edited JPEG file

Shot with only a led study light at f1.7 (from memory) using Fuji film simulation B&W(Green) at higher ISO - again slightly edited JPEG file

Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow