D500 Problem Lexar 128 GB 1000x

Started Apr 24, 2016 | Discussions thread
Bill Dewey Veteran Member • Posts: 7,911
Re: Now issue with XQD 64Gb 2933

Richard B99 wrote:

I can confirm that I'm having an issue with the XQD card. Lexar 64Gb 2933 / 440mb/s. Latest and best.

Exactly the same issue as being reported for the SD cards. No issue with write, no corrupted data but problems reading from time to time. It's happened on reviewing images three times in the past two days especially when flicking through images quickly. I don't have image review on as standard, only when I choose to playback. It is definitely the XQD card as that's reported on the error message on the rear LCD.

I also get it when importing to Lightroom using USB 3.0 cable connection with camera (here it comes up with Card Err on top panel rather than the error msg on the back LCD). (I've no XQD card reader as they are a bit hard to get hold of and I was holding out until Sony's XQD +SD reader is available. So I can't test if an alternative reader works.) So far switching off and on fixes it and I carry on.

I'm strongly suspecting its Nikon Firmware rather than the cards though because it's on two card types and, slightly less telling, on two different read operations at volume.

Thanks, I am going to pass this along.  I sent my report just a while ago, I will add this, the first time we have heard about tethering.

-- hide signature --

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xmh
jsa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow