Playmemories Account Problem ...

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
sharpeyes44 New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Playmemories Account Problem ...

I have spent the last two weeks trying to find ways in which I could buy Sony Apps for my New York bought Sony A7R. As I am now resident back in the UK all cards and the like are UK based. Because the camera is US bought I couldn't buy Apps from the UK PMCA site only from the US PMCA site.

Sony Support UK/EU couldn't help, Sony US Support couldn't help. I managed to find a way to get around putting money into my US Sony account using the email PSN cards paid from my European based paypal account. But according to the messages on my computer (Mac) my camera was not compatible with the Apps I tried to download. Finally in total frustration and after much help from Sony PS friends I realised I would not be successful

I read on BrianSmith Pictures that the Apps could only be downloaded using Safari (mac) or IE (PC). That gave me hopoe but again 'camera not compatible'.

In the process of giving up I looked through the Menu of the camera. Saw 'Application List' and selected it. The next 30minutes made my day. I found that I was able to download the Apps that way simply. I had to selected a wifi device and provide the password. Slow but successful. Then I selected the App (smooth reflections) and selected 'buy' (or purchase). this took me to my UK Sony PMCA website in which I had to add a credit card - there was a prompt to go to sony.net/pmca/info to do that on my Mac. No problems so I navigated back to the App on the camera to complete the purchase. Then I had to selected the correct time and zone ie UK and GMT+1and finally I was allowed to buy, download and install the App.

And I bought another. So a US bought Sony camera can download PMCA Apps directly to a Sony camera (A7R) using a non-US means of payment from a non-US Sony site.

I hope that helps someome in a position as my self being in a 'locked' zone.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow