Home-darkroom silver-gelatin prints from digital images

Started Apr 24, 2016 | Discussions thread
OP tim baker Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: Home-darkroom silver-gelatin prints from digital images

friam:

With this system slide the "camera farther away from the monitor. Make wall-sized prints if you wish.

"No they can't. The dot pitch of the screen will appear in prints as they get larger. I mentioned this in my first comment but you have conveniently forgotten it. It's an inherent limitation of your design. "

As print size become very large grain will appear if starting from film, pixels will appear if starting from a 5k monitor. However, the 5k monitor image keeps it's advantage over the film image at large print size that it had at smaller size.

This system is aimed for home darkrooms, where 8x10 are the norm, but 11x14 are flawless, pixels invisible unless using a 3-power glass, and 16x20s are well better than same-size enlargement from 35mm and about equal those from 2 1/4.

Anyone wishing to have the best of both worlds, shooting digital but making traditional silver-gelatin prints can now have their wish.

I don't know if it's possible to post photos and drawings here, but anyone interested can message me with their email address and I'll be glad to send photos, designs and information..

-- hide signature --

Tim Baker

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
(unknown member)
Don
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow