3rd party battery does not work in D500

Started Apr 27, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BigDG Forum Member • Posts: 59
3rd party battery does not work in D500

UPS just brought my D500 so I pulled the fully charged battery out of my D800 and put it in my new camera to try it out.  The D500 didn't work at all and I see only a faint battery outline on the top LCD screen.  I thought my new D500 was a dud but then I put in the new Nikon battery that came with the D500 (Only slightly charged) i and everything worked fine.

The D800 battery went back into the D800 and the D800 works great  as it always does. The  Upon inspection the battery was a Watson that if memory serves me was an extra thrown in as a promotion when I bought the D800 from B&H a couple of years ago. The Watson has been running fine as my extra battery in the D800 such that I'm not even conscious whether I'm using the Watson spare or the original  Nikon one.

Has anyone else had trouble with Watson batteries or other 3rd party batteries in the D500?

For what its worth my D500 didn't come with a power cord for the charger but I've got lots of those so not really a problem.

David

Nikon D500 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow