GX85 vs. E-M10 II

Started Apr 9, 2016 | Discussions thread
WhiteBeard
WhiteBeard Senior Member • Posts: 1,868
Re: How does EVF compare to EM5mkII?

Jorginho wrote:

Any thoughts on that. We know the GX845 has a sequential one and that can cause tearing which was noted by dpreview in their GX7 review. Any thoughts?

Thx,

J.

Yeah, well, I've been wondering about that. Besides that heavy-handed review of the GX-7 where a whole lot of points were seemingly lost because of said tearing, I'm not sure how many people this affects and in what way. I have been using for almost 5 years one of these sequential EVF on my G3 and never had any issue with it. In fact, I actually always liked this primordial EVF (sequential + low res by today's standards) but I have had no qualms in comparing it favorably to many optical viewfinders in pricier APS-C cams (tunnel vision). The only time I could actually get myself to actually witness any kind of tearing was when I was looking for it, doing a - very - fast pan.

Bottom line, I wish I knew the % of people actually affected by this to the extent it becomes bothersome on a daily basis. I'm guessing it would be well below 1%. Maybe I'l make a poll on that...

WhiteBeard's gear list:WhiteBeard's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow