My Sony Zeiss wide angle just stopped working, ideas?

Started Apr 16, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DR05
DR05 Regular Member • Posts: 223
My Sony Zeiss wide angle just stopped working, ideas?

So I've got a Sony 16-35mm Zeiss f2.8 Vario-Sonnar SSM II lens. Had it for about 8 months and been using it on my SLT-A99V.

All of a sudden today I pop it on for a planned shot and the SLT-A99V is having trouble recognizing it. Getting the error "Check the lens attachment. If the lens is not supported, you can permit use of the lens in the custom menu."  Also I can't adjust the aperture, its showing "F - -" and autofocus isn't working, even with the physical dial on the lens set to AF.  If I override the error (in the custom menu) I can snap pictures, but can't autofocus and I can't adjust aperture.

Tried cleaning the contacts, no success. Tried putting it on my old A100, and it won't let me snap a picture.  My other lenses seem to work find on my SLT-A99V.

Any ideas?  Called Sony and they want me to send it to the 'Precision' black hole of camera repair. Tried to sign up for pro repair service since I qualify, but of course that website is down.  Trying to avoid being without my cherished wide angle for a month or more.  Any ideas or insight welcome. Thanks!!!

DR05's gear list:DR05's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro
Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow