Dakota "Disposable" Camera Mini Review (Part 2: The Images)

Started Aug 4, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
andy888 Junior Member • Posts: 31
Dakota "Disposable" Camera Mini Review (Part 2: The Images)

Well, as the next step in this experiment, I took the other camera to the beach on Saturday. I really only took snapshots to test how the camera would fare during its intended purpose.

I got the standard 4x6 prints and a "free" Photo CD. All together, it came out to about $13.00.

Theres really only one thing that needs to be said. "UGLY, UGLY, UGLY!" OK, I said it three times, but you get the point. The prints were far interior to what I've seen from standard quality film-based single use cameras. The first thing I thought of the print quality was "oil painting". No detail at all.

Of course, I was not surprised, but seeing how bad it really was was a bit disappointing.

On to the CD...

The CD had the usual junk software on it to view/modify the files, but I found the important directory with the 25 jpg files. The resolution of the images were 1280x854. ONE MEGAPIXEL! Even at this resolution, the images look as they even may have been interpolated up from a lower resolution sensor.

Have a look at the following images (untouched from camera) and judge for yourself...

http://frutsel.terrainhost.com/frutselapp/dump/dakota/images.htm

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow