Travel with mFT. Advice on lens/body choice.

Started Mar 31, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gotoole Contributing Member • Posts: 524
Travel with mFT. Advice on lens/body choice.

This is really a 'first world problem@ but here goes-

I upgraded to mFT from FT early this year. As it happened, I bought an OMD-em10 ( mark 1) body only and an EPL6 kit, just to get the lenses. At the same time i was offered a GX1 secondhand at very good price ( €90) . Since then i have added the Oly 45mm 1.8 and a second-hand Panasonic 20mm 1.7.

I am plainning a motorcycle trip next month and i want to take a light travel kit. Originally, I was thinking of the em10 with the kit 14-42mm lens. However, with the lenses now available to me I am thinking that either the GX1 or Epl6 with the Panasonic 20mm would make a nice small travel kit. Bear in mind that space really is at a premium when traveling on a motorcycle.

Ideally I would take only one body and one lens. I am most familiar with the OMD-em10 but I can learn either body controls before travel. I have only just bought the 20mm a couple of days ago but I like what I see, sharp and bright, but the 14-42mm kit lens might give me more flexibility.

i would be interested in any advice. I would likely use the camera only when i stop for a day or two so probably street photography , architecture etc. would dominate but i would obviously have the odd landscape-panorama on the way as well.

Any suggestions or advice when space is so limited would be much appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow