Error message E:62:10 in 15 month old HX400v

Started Oct 8, 2015 | User reviews thread
GIBBSUK New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Error message E:62:10 in 15 month old HX400v

My HX400v is 20 months old and I have had the E:62:10 error for 2 months now. I have contacted Sony and they went through the factory reset and take out the battery but both did not work. Only option to fix it would be to pay for repair. Since the error occurred I have taken a few thousand photos and apart from the irritating flashing message and the slow start up the pictures are generally OK. From what I have been able to find out on the internet E:62:10 is an error with the lens system. Some seem to be poor electrical connections between the camera body and the lens. Others are either dirt or gearing failures. The tapping of the lens may help with an electrical connection problem (which some people have solved the error) but I think this would be only a short term fix. There is a you-tube video showing a HX-400 camera being dismantled and the connection to the lens being soldered and this fixed the error. From what I can understand the repair would be at least £150. This is the first camera I have had in 10 years to fail so quickly and as a result the next camera I get will be anything but a Sony. Shame though I did like the manual focus on a bridge camera.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow