firmware download failure. now Olympus wants to replace the CPG for Zuiko lens. Huge bucks!

Started Mar 24, 2016 | Discussions thread
Richard Briscoe Regular Member • Posts: 433
Re: firmware download failure. now Olympus wants to replace the CPG for Zuiko lens. Huge bucks!

LearningForeverIHope wrote:

baxters wrote:

Yes, it is a built in design flaw. If they had spend $32.75 for the CPG, instead of $22.75, they could made the boot loader redundant it could be reloaded in cases like yours. The cameras have the same weakness, but as long as they make the customer pay for failures, they don't care.

I guess that extra $10 adds too much to cost of goods, especially on the cheap kit lenses, but I'm sure they they use the same $22.75 CPG on the new $2500 300mm prime.

Wow, good reason to prefer an upgrade from an sd card.

Depending on the consumer laws of a country, Olympus could be accountable for such a hidden flaw.

It does seem as though the company should update the firmware from a completed download rather than a "live" update that effectively destroys the product in the even of an Internet interruption. I would elevate the matter as a complaint.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow