firmware download failure. now Olympus wants to replace the CPG for Zuiko lens. Huge bucks!

Started Mar 24, 2016 | Discussions thread
WhiteBeard
WhiteBeard Senior Member • Posts: 2,157
Re: firmware download failure. now Olympus wants to replace the CPG for Zuiko lens. Huge bucks!

PentaxNick wrote:

I did my first lens update yesterday and think I made a mistake. I updated the 9-18 via the Pen-F. All proceeded OK but at one point the software seemed to finish so I closed the Window. That's when the camera screen shut off. It was still in the no entry updating window. It was very quick, less than a minute.

However it seems to be OK, the lens indicates the new firmware and seems to work fine. So I think I got away with it.

I left the process running longer until the OK camera screen for the 60mm Macro.

i don't see why Olympus don't use the SD method like every other manufacturer.

As far as I remember, the Panasonic updates I made to my lenses a few years backs didn't use the "SD method", just the basic download to PC -> download to camera + lens...

WhiteBeard's gear list:WhiteBeard's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow