How to get Eye-AF working reliably in video mode (a6300)?

Started Mar 22, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Parisian Junior Member • Posts: 44
How to get Eye-AF working reliably in video mode (a6300)?

Hi guys,

I just jumped from the Canon Camp to the Sony a6300, with 16-70 Zeiss. Have a lot of questions below!

1.Tested the eye-AF in stills mode, indoors environment - doesn't seem to be as quick and snappy as I thought it'd be. It's in AF-C, Wide mode. Anything I should change to make it work as fast as it can be?

2. Also, I can't seem to get Eye-AF working in Video mode. I already set AE-L button as Eye-AF, and constantly tried holding it while recording, but there's no green box tracking the eyes. What should I do?

3. How do I enable a custom shortcut to shoot HFR in M mode? I've already set it in 120fps mode.

3b. How do I enable a custom shortcut to jump quickly across 4 corners for the focus point? Otherwise, what is the fastest point to select a flexible spot?

4. Lastly, I set the camera to NTSC mode so that I can do 4k24p. One annoying thing, however, is that it keeps showing the splash screen "In NTSC Mode" when I boot up the camera.

5. What Focus modes should I choose for filming running kids/babies?

6. I understand the Zeiss 55/1.8 is astounding on FF cameras like a7rii, but how does it fare if I put it on a APS-C body? Will it be wasted or can achieve similar quality, but just lower MP count? Would be good if it can match my 6D + 24-70ii.

7. Any other good-to-know tips for an a6300 beginner? (have been shooting Canon FF for >8 years and counting.. the sony tech is really overwhelming).

Canon EOS 6D Sony a6300 Sony a7R Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow