Buying lenses for sony FE / everybody returns lenses constantly

Started Mar 15, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mr Keys Forum Member • Posts: 99
Buying lenses for sony FE / everybody returns lenses constantly

Since I'm pretty new to photography I read a LOT of what you guys/girls write about lenses (maybe more than I should?), and I'm about to invest in a couple of good lenses for my Sony a7r2.

BUT, the more I read, the more it seems like it's standard to return the lens up to four times before finding a lens you really like. This is REALLY scary to me. Is it really like that?

Should I really be prepared to return a 2k-lens several times before getting a good one? or are the people that returns the lens several times extremely picky and notice "faults" I won't even notice? Or just extremely unlucky?

How big of an issue is this really? To me, it almost sounds like I should expect to find flaws in the lens, or am I just being paranoid?

Cause, to be honest, it's pretty absurd to NOT be able to expect a good lens from the beginning.

Mr Keys's gear list:Mr Keys's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a6300 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow