K-1 dropping demand for the 645d

Started Mar 13, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pixelsmithy Contributing Member • Posts: 540
K-1 dropping demand for the 645d

I expected the camera to be most affected by the K-1 announcement would be the 645d. (I'm interested to see IQ comparisons between the two once the K-1 is shipping). On the surface the K-1 would seem to have a LOT more going for it, features-wise, while the 645d maintains that larger sensor and 4 more MP.

Looking at SOLD items only, it appears that in January (before the K-1 announcement) there were 15 645d sold on eBay U.S. (including 1 from international seller). In February, there were only 5 sold (including 1 from international seller). So far, nearly halfway through March, there have been 0 sold.

I expect that part of this phenomenon is that 645d sellers are still going to try to get pre-K-1-announcement *prices* for a while, when the reality is that they are probably going to have to be much closer to the K-1 price to get anyone to bite now. There is a used one on Amazon (from a reputable seller) for $2500 right now, and it will be interesting so see how low sellers will have to go to move them.

This should also exert *some* downward price pressure on the 645z also, although the 645z still maintains a big MP advantage over the K-1.

-- hide signature --

Check out my (UPDATED 09-26-2015) Gallery! http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/355548730/photos/slideshow

pixelsmithy's gear list:pixelsmithy's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +4 more
Pentax 645D Pentax 645Z Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow