Commercial use of the Q :-)

Started Mar 13, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NoRules
NoRules Senior Member • Posts: 1,458
Commercial use of the Q :-)

Yes indeed!

I live in a small place, with (thankfully) only one lawyer for a radius of 50km. This lawyer has gotten himself into the real estate business. He called me to get some pictures of a house. I declined politefully at first, because i did not have a super-wide-angle for my 645D or K-5IIs, and because I really did not need the money or the hassle. Then I remembered my Q7 and the 08 SWA-zoom, and thought I'd might give it a go. Mounted on my Metz 45 flash this turned out to be a perfect set-up. The DOF with the 08 makes everything sharp, and the level indicators made everything, well... levelled. There is also hardly any barrel distortion. I made a diffuser for the flash from an old plastic gallon container. Short story, the Q7 and the 08 is made for real estate photographydue to the small sensor and the wide angle lens and the level indicators. I have earned a $1000 in a week. Ok, I'm also the only photographer in a radius of 50km, but the pictures were decent enough. I did not need to do any PP. Images were ready to use straight out of the camera. Just a little tip for other Q photographers.

-- hide signature --

Free your mind, and your camera will follow...

NoRules's gear list:NoRules's gear list
Pentax K-01 Leica M-Monochrom Pentax Q7 Pentax Q-S1
Pentax 645D Pentax K-5 Pentax Q7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow