I love my X-Pro2, but will probably return it...

Started Mar 11, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
newpentaxfan Contributing Member • Posts: 661
I love my X-Pro2, but will probably return it...

I just got my X-Pro2 a couple days ago. It's an incredible camera. Here's what I like about it, compared to my X-T1:

• Joystick. Not only for easier AF point selection, but because it frees up the 4 buttons on the D-pad I assigned to select AF points on the X-T1. This allows me to quickly select drive mode, film simulation, AF area, and Auto ISO setting (by default, the "right" D-pad button is mapped to white balance, but I changed it).
  • Speed. This camera finally feels on par with DSLR performance. Everything is super snappy. With the 35/2 mounted I have absolutely no complaints about AF speed, and it is more accurate than my 5DIII was. The EVF is smaller, but refresh is incredible.
  • 3 Auto ISO settings. This is a game changer for me, and it was something I really missed from my 5DIII when I first switched to the X-T1. I have three settings for various subject types that I can easily access now.
  • Slightly larger size. It just feels more solid than the X-T1, which I like.
  • Dual SD card slot. This allows me to shoot Acros JPG on one card, and RAW on the other. So much better for my workflow.
  • Acros. It's everything everyone else has said it is.

Now I just need to figure out whether it makes sense for me to keep it, or wait for the X-T2.

Problem is, this is an impossible decision to make now, since we don't know how the X-Pro2 and X-T2 will differ, except for the OVF and tilt screen. I do like the tilt screen on my X-T1, and I've come to love EVFs (which I never thought would happen), so I'm not sure that having an OVF really matters to me.

Given that the X-T1 is still a great camera, it would probably be wise to return the X-Pro2 and wait to see how the X-T2 will differ before making a decision.

But that will be hard to do!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow