X-Pro 2 and X100T owners: Do you find the ERF indispensable or just nice-to-have?

Started Mar 7, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mehran Khalili Forum Member • Posts: 99
X-Pro 2 and X100T owners: Do you find the ERF indispensable or just nice-to-have?

I’ve read a lot about the ‘Electronic rangefinder’ (ERF) function of the X-Pro2 and X100T, where a little EVF window pops up in the OVF for help with exposure and focusing. But I haven’t played with it much as I don’t own one of those cameras. It seems like a great way to have the best of both worlds - OVF and EVF - and a feature that only Fuji could offer, since the groundwork for it was laid back in 2011 with the X100.

Yet, the reviews always seem to talk about ERF as a ‘nice-to-have’ feature. But that’s (obviously) not how Fuji pitches it. So I wanted to ask anyone that owns either of these cameras: Does having the ERF really change the way you shoot? Do you use it most with the mini EVF zoomed in or zoomed out? Or are you just glad it’s there, but are sticking with the full EVF for most of your shooting?

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow