Sony A5xxx ergonomics and body style - need improvements?

Started Mar 5, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Bora Cyprus
Bora Cyprus Regular Member • Posts: 109
Sony A5xxx ergonomics and body style - need improvements?

I recently purchase by Sony a5100. I love it. Small camera with powerful AF and sensor. Almost good for everything.

I noticed that while camera grip is good enough to hold with small lenses, it is not that deep like old sony nex cameras. I prefer control and grip of Sony nex 5R/5T. I wonder why sony decided to downgrade their A5xxx bodies with fewer external controls and not so good grip? Sure they want to make camera as small as possible but I think 5R/5T are even smaller.

I wish to see next Sony A5200 with similar feel and control as nex 5T. Sure they don't want to keep it too close with A6300 but ok, don't put a view finder (and hot shoe).

I think Sony should learn from Panasonic. Look how small they made GM5 with viewfinder and hot shoe.

This is just my personal opinion and I can't complain about my a5100 as I got it in bargain (350$). Loving it.

cheers!

Bora Cyprus's gear list:Bora Cyprus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 NEX5R Sony a7 Sony a6000 Panasonic G85 +5 more
NEX-5T Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a5100 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow