Joining The Q-Club

Started Mar 4, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Smaug01
Smaug01 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,920
Joining The Q-Club

I just placed the order on Amazon for:

• Q7 Silver + double zoom (normal and tele) ($361.50 US)
  • 01 Prime ($141 US)
  • 03 Fisheye ($72.94)
  • Wasabi 2 spare battery kit ($16.99)

I'm not so sure about the fisheye, but I've never been able to afford a fisheye before, and this was only $74 new, so what the heck? I'm hoping that I can correct the distortion in DxO Optics Pro in case I want really wide, but not really distorted.

Wide zoom is on the horizon for me, I'll probably buy it and the upcoming macro lens with my tax refund or annual bonus.

I went with the Q7 instead of the Q-S1 because I like the "Mini SLR" styling better than the "Mini Rangefinder" styling. I can't get over why they ditched the nice gripping area of the Q7 in favor of the black disc/IR receiver. 'seems like a camera this small should have all the gripping area possible.

I wonder what the future holds for the Q system. What will the next body be like? What lenses will they make next? Maybe a fast prime wide angle?

-- hide signature --

-Jeremy

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Nikon D610 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III +28 more
Pentax Q7 Pentax Q-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow