Q7 Bizarre Dunking

Started Mar 3, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tongariro Regular Member • Posts: 424
Q7 Bizarre Dunking

I had the Q7 on my neckstrap around my neck, camera against my chest after taking some shots. My wife handed me a heavy stick to throw for the dogs out into the brackish lagoon.

A huge backswing and off flew the stick complete with Q-7! Bizarre. I chased it in full clothing, just after a puzzled dog who got there firstwas pulling at the floating strap. It was on the bottom fully submerged on fine black sand. It was hours before I could get home and clean it up, gave it a brief try, dead as a dodo. The lens zoom was gritty. That is that I thought. I gave it a light hair dry which at least cleared the mist behind the screen. Next morning, another quick try and I had a view through frosted glass, so some slight hope.

Two days later after hanging it with all orifices open in a partially open glass louvre, battery in and away she goes like nothing ever happened! Even the lens zoom is smooth again. Pretty remarkable.

Don

Pentax Q7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow