Conjecture on Nikon DL and One

Started Feb 27, 2016 | Discussions thread
myotisone Senior Member • Posts: 1,307
Re: Conjecture on Nikon DL and One

Jose Wayne wrote:

Cliff Fujii wrote:

D300SandV1shooter wrote:

Cliff Fujii wrote:

Photography Life reports the repro ratio is about 1:4 (0.22x) for the Dl 24-85. That's hardly macro but I read that the DL 24-85 is capable of 1:1 (1.0x). We'll see when the documentation is released

Thanks - I'm not finding that info on PL (but perhaps I'm not searching well) - but I see Nikon is claiming "The Nikon DL24-85 boasts a Super Macro function, which enables life-sized, 1:1 magnification of small subjects. Easily accessible via the zoom control ring, this mode combines with the bright camera lens to deliver incredibly detailed images with sharp focus points and deep bokeh". Not too sure what the latter might mean.

As you know, the devil will be in the details.

It is 1:1 in FX terms. The real ratio is 1:0.37.

How does that work?

Surely 1:1 in FX terms means that with a 36 x 24 mm sensor you are photographing  a subject that is 36 x 24  in area and in 1" sensor terms you are photographing a subject that is  13.2 x 8.8 in area

Hasn't it always got to be 1:1 regardless of sensor size. If you have an insect 2mm long at 1:1 it will be the same size on both sensors you will just have more surrounding background on the FF sensor.

Or am I missing something

Cheers,

Graham

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow