A great UWA not only for the financially limited

Started Feb 27, 2016 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rurikw
rurikw Veteran Member • Posts: 3,203
A great UWA not only for the financially limited

For years I thought I wanted the Pana 7-14, because it was supposed to be "sharper". But when I finally moved to M43 reality came in the door and I got this with an Oly rebate for 389€. Not much for such an FL range. For 8 years I was limited to my very good Sony R1 with its very good fixed Vario-Sonnar 14.3-17.5mm (24-120mme), so I was quite excited to finally experience the widening perspective. That bliss certainly skews my appreciation of this lens so I can't be very objective (what's that anyhow?) On some test photos it seemed to have some magenta cast cum blur in the corners. While I have had it in some photos and it's not correctable in post (at least not with my skills) it's rare and faint enough that I have all but forgotten about it.  There's also something undefinable about its build, design and finish that gives it a certain charisma. While I enjoy the extreme width I have surprised myself with doing panoramas that take me even wider. No, that works very well and I feel no need for the Pana 7-14, however fine a lens I am sure it is.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +28 more
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6
Wideangle zoom lens • Micro Four Thirds • 261503
Announced: Feb 3, 2010
rurikw's score
Average community score
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow