Disappointing in terms of quality

Started Feb 24, 2016 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
sjstremb
sjstremb Contributing Member • Posts: 565
Disappointing in terms of quality

This is a fine small camera with a terrific sensor and easy enough to use, BUT in my case, the camera had a reoccurring problem in that the lens cover/iris hung up and did not fully open. In less than 9 months it was back to Sony twice for the same problem. This IMHO is a design flaw with the MKIII version of this camera. Without this problem I would have rated the camera higher.

I also felt the lens at WA setting was not nearly as sharp or distortion free as I would have liked. Its a good snapshot camera and the noise to iso is good, but its not a replacement for serious landscape work, it is a carry around snapshot camera, you have to decide if thats enough for a $800 camera. I still have it, but I have essentially replaced it with a Fuji X70.

sjstremb's gear list:sjstremb's gear list
Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon D850 +20 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
20 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 70 mm (2.9×)
Announced: May 16, 2014
sjstremb's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
acceptable
Landscapes / scenery
mediocre
Portraits
good
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Pentax X70 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow