advice/experience on carry on luggage camera weight

Started Feb 17, 2016 | Discussions thread
KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 5,612
Re: advice/experience on carry on luggage camera weight

I didn't read the responses, but I have traveled extensively (many times--- at least 30 round trips) on mostly Delta in the US on both their large and small planes and I have never been questioned. My carry on is a roller that is approximately 9" tall x 22" long x 16" wide and it fits into the overhead compartment except on the 40-50 passenger planes where they check it at the plane boarding and you get it when you deplane. My bag consists of the roller and a backpack which is inside the roller and I usually carry 2 or 3 bodies and numerous lenses and I would guess it weighs at least 30 pounds. I also carry an over the shoulder bag which contains my laptop, books and other stuff that I store under my seat. Again, never a problem.

I'd leave the Pelican at home. As someone else said, what's to worry about if it's in the cabin with you? Nothing to worry about.

If you don't have that much gear, put it in a backpack and use a camera bag or bubble wrap to protect it.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow