Canon 760D and Canon EF 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 ... anyone used that combo?

Started Feb 23, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
I hate menus New Member • Posts: 7
Canon 760D and Canon EF 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 ... anyone used that combo?

I recently posted a query asking for thoughts about alternative lenses for the Canon 750D or 760D. I received some very helpful responses. I've done more research - especially in relation to choosing between Canon and the Nikon 5500D and have come down in favour of the Canon 760D. A deciding factor was a very interesting section of the upload by MichaelTheMentor titled

Canon T6s - T6i vs Nikon D5500 Epic Shootout Review | Which Camera to Buy Tutorial

In this, starting at 20.25 he runs what he calls the 'portrait test'. I won't waste space here explaining it, but if you're trying to opt for Nikon or Canon, it's well worth checking out.

Anyway - back to the point of this post - The 760D is sold in the uk as just the body. My budget isn't huge but at the moment I'm looking at the Canon EF 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6IS as an affordable buy. My preferred styles of photography are landscape, portrait and close-up (going as far as genuine macro when possible).

Does anyone here have that particular lens or lens & Camera combo? If so --- any thoughts?

As far as budget is concerned, my limit after buying the 760D will probably be in the region of £300 (about 420 dollars).

Many thanks

Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EOS Rebel T6s (EOS 760D / EOS 8000D) Nikon D5500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow