Few things that I do not like so much about K-1

Started Feb 19, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarBa Regular Member • Posts: 170
Few things that I do not like so much about K-1

Seems like K-1 is a pretty good step in the right direction and I'm happy that Pentax/Ricoh is committed to FF!! So it is all good and exciting but ...

To me as a Pentax fan ... the OVF on K-1 is a bit of disappointment. I hoped for a higher magnification. I can't understand why is it possible to have on an old Pentax MX, which is tiny (I have it), an OVF that has 95% coverage and 0.97x magnification! On K-1, only 0.7x. If I understand it correctly, the apparent overall size of the image in OVF is going to be only a bit bigger than on K3.

The AF points are all in the middle. This is quite bad. Seems like they simply use the same size AF sensor that they would use for APS-C. That used to be like that on the first FF from Canon and Nikon but I thought that this already improved and FF cameras have AF points distributed as they would be on APS-C (relative to the whole frame).

The video ... I know most Pentax fans say they do not want the camera for video ... but ... Ricoh clearly thinks otherwise ... why to have microphone and headphone jacks on the camera?? I think decent video is important! I think more people shoot video than take advantage of the astrotracer. We have to see how sharp the 1080p is, maybe it is going to be great. Let's hope for an improvement over K-3... 4K was probably too much to ask.

Not having an on-board flash is also a pity. I like to use it time to time for fill flash. It is understandable but still ...

Overall, even though I would like to have a FF, I'm not 100% convinced by K-1 .. The price is quite good though!

Let's wait for the tests ...

Best,

Marek

Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow