Things to buy sooner rather than later (since the K-1 is official)

Started Feb 18, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pixelsmithy Contributing Member • Posts: 540
Things to buy sooner rather than later (since the K-1 is official)

Quality full frame lenses that have been in somewhat of a price slide should start heading back up, especially once the K-1 actually starts shipping. So regardless of whether you see a K-1 (at some point) in your future or you simply want these to use on your APS-C Pentax... here are a few items that are probably at rock bottom prices right now:

Once people realize that the HD 1.4x TC is not full frame capable, demand will pick-up for the F 1.7x TC. It wasn't that long ago that these were selling for $349-400 and I think we will see them heading that direction again soon.
Pentax-F 1.7x TeleConverter

Pentax-F 17-28mm f3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye

SMC K 28mm f3.5 Shift lens

"Stack of Primes" Pentax-A 35-105mm f3.5

It also depends upon what the prices will be on the new Limiteds that are in production, but it is possible that the current Limiteds will see a healthy bump in the used market, particularly the Silver models and the Made in Japan models.

I would expect more competition for used Zeiss glass in the Pentax mount also.

Feel free to add others that you think may be going up.

-- hide signature --

Check out my (UPDATED 09-26-2015) Gallery! http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/355548730/photos/slideshow

pixelsmithy's gear list:pixelsmithy's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +4 more
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow