First FE Lens

Started Feb 18, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
itsPJ
itsPJ Forum Member • Posts: 87
First FE Lens

I've been thinking about what lens to buy for a while. Going from an old canon FD lens to the newer EF 50mm to even buying an adapter for my old alpha lens. However, I thought why was I buying cheap lens when I have an A7ii? So which brings me to my next point:

Which FE lens should I buy? I have the kit lens already 28-70mm f/3.5 which I use everyday. So far three lens come up to mind when thinking of FE: 28mm f/2 ($500), 35mm f/2.8 ($800), and 55mm f/1.8 ($1000). I've been reading 35mm is a really versatile lens but I feel it isn't all that different from my kit lens since I can zoom in but I wont receive the f/2.8, it would be more like f/4 at 35mm on my kit. Now the 28 is exactly the same as my kit lens aside from the f/2. Which brings me to the 55mm f/1.8 .

I really like that bokeh look in my photos; there will be a slight difference between the f/1.8 and f/2.8. I enjoy taking photos of both landscapes and portraits and also groups. What do you guys think should be my first FE lens? *Suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Robbie

itsPJ's gear list:itsPJ's gear list
Sony SLT-A58 Sony Alpha a7 II Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +1 more
ANSWER:
Sony Alpha a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow