So the Pentax digital 35mm is finally coming to your nearest showroom.

Started Feb 18, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
johnami
johnami Senior Member • Posts: 1,216
So the Pentax digital 35mm is finally coming to your nearest showroom.

The hours, months and years that have been spent here and elsewhere discussing if one day  Pentax would have a FF model on its books and voila it's to be......happy?  Well reading a lot of you here it seems to be the case and boy you've got to say that Ricoh are giving you your moneys worth.  That's a lot of camera for the quoted price, isn't it.....and no doubt the K1 will perform as well as my K3, K5, K7, Z1, MX ever did.......

Will my photos be better? Don't think so, after all it's all about what you see.........

And as with any modern photobox there are a lot of bells and whistles that are nice to have but at the end of the day don't get used that much. I still take most of my photos using the aperture priority mode and for what I do I'm happy.

Which leads me to the real point of this post. If as they will Ricoh/Pentax take the FF sensor to other K models please could you consider producing a simplified version. That is to say no GPS, no tilting rear sceen,  no video .......... it would perhaps  make the body lighter and smaller, ..........and reduce the price..........perhaps???

Guess I trying to get to that DSLR model that would be the modern version of the MX/LX ...

Anyway I'm sure the K1 will sell like 'les petits pains' (like small buns) as we say in France.

Look forward to reading the reviews.

Atb and 'fromage' 

johnami's gear list:johnami's gear list
Sigma DP2 Ricoh GR II Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-1 +17 more
Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Pentax K-1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow