My 7-14 takes filters ... at the rear end (continued)

Started May 24, 2015 | Discussions thread
CrisPhoto
CrisPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,477
3 different filter types tested

Hi Anders,

where have you been? Thanks again for the mod!

I am using the mod for over a year now and I had the chance to gather some "experience" with the different filter types.

I had three filters in chronological order:

• 1A (the only one instantly available at BH when I bought the 7-14 there)
  • 2B (1A was a little bit weak, 2B was easy to get)
  • 2E (2B showed purple blobs under rare cases which drove me crazy)

I ordered the 2e Kodak filter in the US some weeks ago via ebay, before someone is searching desperately, try "ORIGINAL KODAK BRAND WRATTEN 100mmX100mm No.2E GELATIN FILTER".

I can contribute to this extremely useful thread by posting 4 test shots. Because I have 3 filters now and because I found the best "purple blob generator" in the world: my desk light. It has a "special" fluorescent tube that drives my 7-14/EM1 crazy, best test target ever.

no filter (worst), 1A, 2B, 2E (best)

I have tweaked the white balance in all 4 shots to 2400K in LightRoom. The 2E filter shows some yellow tint, 2B to a lesser degree. Though I handled the gelatin filters with extreme care, all filters degrade contrast a little bit.

But real world shots for landscapes don't show significant contrast issues. And the yellow tint is easily handled with in LR using AutoWB or manual WB.

Christof

-- hide signature --

OM-D + Sam7.5, O25, O60, O75
O12-40, O40-150, P 14-140

CrisPhoto's gear list:CrisPhoto's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow