David Busch book for p7700

Started Feb 13, 2016 | Questions thread
OP bp044 Regular Member • Posts: 222
Re: David Busch book for p7700

digital4dummies.com wrote:

bp044 wrote:

digital4dummies.com wrote:

bp044 wrote:

What you say regarding the factory manual sounds logical. however , I have seen many comments lauding the Busch book as being more helpful, easier to read and understand.

I don't know if this is hype or the Busch book is really better.

-- hide signature --

bp044

It's really a matter of personal taste. Some people, especially very experienced photographers, are able to find what they need to know in the factory manual. In Nikon's case, the official manual is complete in terms of features, controls and menus, with lots of cross references that let you jump back and forth in the book to retrieve the information. Others prefer a different organization that's more task oriented, focusing on exposure, autofocus, etc. with lots of tips that tie in the camera's functions with how they are used with photography. Some like more examples of when to use each feature or menu option, why a particular option is better in certain situations, and when not to use an option. It boils down to: once you've invested $500 or more in a camera, if you want to use it to its fullest to explore your creative talents, a small extra amount to smooth the learning curve may make a lot of sense. I must own six books on Lightroom and Photoshop, and gleaning one valuable tip from each of them seems well worth the investment to me.

David

Thank you for your insight. I think Iwill order the book

-- hide signature --

bp044

PS, the P7800 book is a "Compact Field Guide" designed to fit in a camera bag, and containing mostly information on how/why to use controls and settings. The P7700 book is the full-size guide with more tips and photography information. There weren't enough potential readers using the P7800 to justify the full book, so it was published only as a Compact Field Guide. That explains the price differential.

I ordered the p7700 book. Thanks again for your help

-- hide signature --

bp044

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow