The Past "Photography" the Future "Imagery" Not for ME!

Started Apr 17, 2014 | Questions thread
wheatfieldsoul
wheatfieldsoul Junior Member • Posts: 42
Re: dictatorial nonsense

@T3 ... Great response!!

There are a couple photographers I know that hold the same view as the OP. And they sincerely believe that any post processing is a bastardization of the original image. And of course their images will more often than not, look like crap.

When the human eye looks at a scene, it doesn't see blown highlights or underexposed areas ... it sees a beautiful and well balanced composition. A camera can only rarely replicate what the human eye can see. Post processing is a tool for bringing balance to an imbalanced image. It is a developed skill which is not less important than the image itself.

It's also an artistic tool in the hands of an individual. Why do we take photos in the first place? The digital camera is simply a tool in the service of artistic expression. This kind of argument reminds me of when Bob Dylan began using an electric guitar, the "purists" were outraged. Bob just wanted to make music.

wheatfieldsoul's gear list:wheatfieldsoul's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
T3
T3
pgb
tex
T3
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow