Canon Professional support

Started Feb 10, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheBeat Junior Member • Posts: 33
Canon Professional support

hello to you all,

I am new to the forum and I live in Holland.

I recently bought a new canon ipf6400 printer. The printer prints great as far as I can tell (it's my first photo printer), but so far I am very pleased with the results on different Canson papers.

I not very pleased by the software in the printer and with the Canon Printer PlugIn for Photoshop.

I thinks it's rather poor coding. But I can get over that. The printer prints fine.

Although, what surprised me most, is the bad - or better non-existing - support from Canon.

I have read through the complete user guide, only skipping specific Windows stuff as I am on OSX (about 600 pages) and it leaves me with many questions. Some very basic, some advanced.

I cannot put my questions to Canon, that means they are unwilling to answer them, unless a close a service contract with them.

I have worked professionally in the audio industry for many years and was using tons of equipment and always had a proper service behind the products. What I experienced with Canon today is beyond me.

So, finally to my question :

How is the Canon service in the USA? Or elsewhere in the world.

Is this non existing service just a dutch thing, or is it general that Canon just refuses to give service on their products? I am really curious.

Thanks, Beat

TheBeat's gear list:TheBeat's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow