What's the noise inside FZ1000?

Started Jul 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
chezchuck
chezchuck Regular Member • Posts: 101
Re: What's the noise inside FZ1000?

LesGarten wrote:

chezchuck wrote:

privateman wrote:

Just had some minutes with my FZ1000, a quite large and bulky camera when coming from an FZ200.

There is a permanent noise coming from within the camera, sort of a grinding sound, and I cannot detect what it comes from and how to get rid of it. I'll have to try more setting but had no luck so far.

Might be some kind of motor working permanently, then probably wasting energy.

Anyone else with that sound and an idea how to stop it?

The last answer to this question was dated four months ago, but I see no definitive answer here, so I contacted Panasonic via "live chat, who referred me to the Panasonic Service Center, who has passed my question on to Panasonic Engineering, who is supposed to email me with an answer. I bought my FZ1000 last December, and am just noticing this constant noise (my hearing comes and goes). When (if) I get the answer as to what, specifically, causes the noise and why it is always there, I will post it.

Stay tuned.

There is and has always been a definitive answer and solution to this problem. We can close this thread out.

1) Get an external Microphone -- a good one

2) Get rid of the Camera

3) Shut up and live with it

Now if you don't mind, I'll get back to working on World Peace...

Lol.  The question isn't so much "what to do about it", but what is it and why was it made that way?  Also, can it be addressed in future software, or is it hard-wired to the ON function.  These are the questions I've posed to panasonic Engineering.  I still want to know. End of thread will come when these are answered, unless I've missed something.

chezchuck's gear list:chezchuck's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow