OMD E-M5 mk1 - useless for studio work....

Started Feb 1, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
linux99 Senior Member • Posts: 1,116
OMD E-M5 mk1 - useless for studio work....

Recently bought myself a set of cheap chinese radio flash triggers. Pocket Wizard knock offs.

They work great with my epl2. Put them into the hotshoe and shoot away - the strobes fire fine.

Totally do not work with my OMD.

A bit of investigation shows why - the epl uses the retaining rim of the hotshoe as one part of the circuit to fire the strobe trigger wit the hot spot on the middle of the shoe floor giving the other contact.

The OMD has a heavily anodised paint job on the hot shoe rim - it can not conduct electricity at all.

This seems a huge drawback given the absence of a PC cable. I cant even use hotshoe mounted PC adapter - that will suffer from the exact same problem.

Anyone know of a work around? I know I can set the Oly flash to 1/64th and pray but that still introduces some light pollution.

Does anyone know of a brand of radio triggers which works well with the OMD E-M5?

linux99's gear list:linux99's gear list
Sigma DP2x Sigma DP3 Merrill Nikon Coolpix A Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +14 more
ANSWER:
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
GBC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow