In defense of Street Photography

Started Jan 30, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,616
In defense of Street Photography

There was as post a little while ago where someone posing the question "what's the point of street photography?"

I was just thinking about this question as I was watching a documentary (on Netflix) called Everybody Street. It had to my mind some really gifted photographers talking who photograph in NYC talking about their philosophies, motivations, techniques, etc of their work. A lot of the photography was to my eyes really great and perhaps others would agree... Worth watching anyway, if you're invested in photography, street or otherwise...

If you watch it, pay special attention to the first photographer profiled in the piece, Joel Meyerowitz. Not only is his work fantastic, but he's particularly eloquent about the whole point of the kind of photography that he does... Good stuff!

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow