Don't hate me...but the Pen F is a fashion statement

Started Jan 27, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dillon Frazier
Dillon Frazier Regular Member • Posts: 120
Don't hate me...but the Pen F is a fashion statement

As cool as the Pen F is, I'm really quite disturbed at how it illustrates a current issue in photography. There are tons of new "photographers" that really are just interested in having a sexy camera in their hand and a classy leather bag hanging from their shoulder. They'd rather have a grainy filtered image than put in the work it takes to learn true skill.

The only reason the Pen F has a grain inducing setting is to simply make it easier for talent-less snap shot shooters to post an uninteresting picture on Instagram. The Pen F costs $1,200 which is a ridiculous price to pay for a camera that isn't weather sealed and doesn't shoot 4k like another $1200 camera (GX8). But, with the current trend in photography, Olympus will certainly sell tons of units even at such a steep price tag.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a little retro styling (after all, I bought a silver GX7 instead of black for a reason) I just really despise the common "hipster" like style that I see all the time, and I hate to see big manufacturers disregarding performance and features simply because people will still buy a camera based on how old school it is.

-- hide signature --

If Canon made a decent mirrorless, they'd have my money.
Dillon Frazier
DFStop.com

Dillon Frazier's gear list:Dillon Frazier's gear list
Canon PowerShot A530 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
(unknown member)
G L
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow