All cameras are great but......

Started Jan 24, 2016 | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
amblepath Regular Member • Posts: 488
All cameras are great but......

Just read this article on the home page and really agree with many of the points.

Translating the  thoughts in the article to m4/3 and I find a similar dilemma.

M'4/3 is the camera system I want.  It is the right size and I am happy with the tradeoffs.  However we have two manufacturers and which ever one I pick I lose something I want.

I much prefer Olympus as a stills camera as I do not want the lens based stabilization as per Panasonic.

Panasonic on the other hand is the slam dunk winner on the video front. I couldn't bring myself to even consider em5 or Em-1 as the video was so subpar.  I need my next camera to last at least 5 or 6 years and it will cover most of my kids early teen years.  I'm not big into video but I do want something decent.

I found this to be very frustrating.

It seems though that the em5II may have finally pushed Olympus's video to the acceptable level and if the Em1-II gets even better yet then I may finally have the camera I have been waiting for.

I just find it interesting that as the article pointed out even a camera that wins in a comparison or gets a highly recommended may be lacking in a feature that makes it unacceptable to many potential users.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow